Gingham Style

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

This is probably the corniest blog title you've ever encountered! Please forgive me! lol

Gingham is really one of my favorite prints because it's classic. Though this print can be worn all year round, there's something about this print that screams summer. It's such a versatile piece in your wardrobe that can be style in many ways.

According to my research, the word "gingham" originated from the Indonesian word genggang, meaning striped. It refers to any medium weight cotton fabric that is dyed before being woven. It has been worn by mods since 1960. Awesome!

For a refreshing look, I paired it with my pants that are so comfy from United Colors of Benetton. The color combination look so well together.

Gingham shirt from Topman
This was my outfit when I attended a seminar at UP Diliman last friday. I took advantage of the nice location to take my outfit photos! haha

Topman gingham shirt & bag, United Colors of Benetton pants, Forever 21 sunnies, Wade brogues

Photos by Marionne Cinco

No comments :